HOUSTON, TX (Monday, May 31, 2021)
This summer, Silver Eagle Distributors Houston, LLC is teaming up with Budweiser and the Houston Astros to support the Folds of Honor Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides post-secondary educational scholarships for families of U.S. military personnel killed or disabled while serving their country.
“As a longtime advocate of the veteran community and a 2021 Military Friendly Employer, Silver Eagle Houston is honored to support the Folds of Honor Foundation with our friends at Budweiser and the Houston Astros,” said John Johnson, president of Silver Eagle Houston.
For more than a century, Budweiser and its wholesalers, including Silver Eagle Houston, have supported our nation’s military and its service men and women. Now through Independence Day, $1 from every case sold of Budweiser’s limited-edition, patriotic cans will benefit the Folds of Honor Foundation (up to $75,000).
Silver Eagle Houston and Budweiser were proud to team up once again with the Houston Astros to support Folds of Honor during the Astros’ home game on Memorial Day at Minute Maid Park. It was a great day to recognize local military families for their dedicated service and bravery at the ballpark.
Activations during the game included:
• Folds of Honor scholarship recipients and representatives dropping the American flag from the Crawford Boxes during the National Anthem.
• First pitch thrown by Folds of Honor board member and Army Veteran, Todd Binkley.
• A $10,000 check presentation from Silver Eagle Houston to the Folds of Honor to fund two $5,000 educational scholarships for local military members and their families.
• Sale of Folds of Honor Challenge Coins at the Budweiser Brewhouse. 100% of proceeds go directly to the Folds of Honor.
• Several mentions on the large TV screen and radio broadcast.
“It is a tremendous honor to work with the team at Silver Eagle Houston, Budweiser and the Houston Astros each year. This fabulous partnership continues to help us fuel the educational goals of our scholarship recipients, and we are so humbled by the unwavering support of our military members and their families,” said Diane Nemecek, regional development manager for the Folds of Honor Foundation. “Thank you for proudly standing with the Folds of Honor!”