HOUSTON, TX (May 23, 2017) – Silver Eagle Distributors, the Houston-area’s local Anheuser-Busch distributor, invites members of the Houston community to help honor local military families by purchasing Budweiser products with patriotic packaging now through May 29. For each purchase made of a Budweiser camouflage or Budweiser America can/bottle leading up to Memorial Day, Budweiser will donate 1 cent per can/bottle, up to $1 million, to the Folds of Honor Foundation (FOH) – an organization that provides post-secondary educational scholarships for families of U.S. military personnel killed or disabled while serving their country. Houstonians and others throughout the country can pledge their individual support to Folds of Honor by picking up a pack of their favorite beverage, Budweiser, from their preferred local grocer or retail store.
In addition, locally Silver Eagle Distributors will further honor military heroes through the donation of $40,000 in educational scholarships to eight local military families, which will be presented to the recipients and the FOH Foundation during opening ceremonies at the Houston Astros game this Friday, May 26. The following eight Houston-area recipients will each be awarded with individual $5,000 scholarships.
- Darrius Arnold – the son of Army Sgt. Welton Arnold; Darrius grew up in Houston (77082) and currently attends Sam Houston State University.
- Trinity Brown – the daughter of Army Captain David N. Brown III; Trinity grew up in the Humble area (77396) and currently attends Sam Houston State University.
- Jacob Deckard – the son of Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Scott Deckard; Jacob is from Cypress (77433) and currently attends Blinn College.
- Samantha Hunt – the daughter of U.S. Coast Guard Commander Michael Hunt; Samantha is from Cypress (77433) and currently attends Texas A&M University.
- Jacob Nutall – the son of Army Major Robert Nutall; Jacob is from Sugar Land (77479) and currently attends Texas A&M University.
- Luis Seijo – the son of Army Sgt. First Class Luis Seijo Pagan; Luis grew up in the Humble area (77396) and currently attends Texas State University.
- Christina Visciotti – the daughter of Air Force Master Sergeant Lou Visciotti; Christina is from Kingwood (77345) and currently attends Baylor University.
- Anthony Visciotti – the son of Air Force Master Sergeant Lou Visciotti; Anthony is from Kingwood (77345) and currently attends Centernary College of Louisiana.
“The scholarship recipients are the children of our local heroes. I feel honored that Silver Eagle Distributors has the opportunity to support these families that have given so much for our country,” explains John L. Nau, III, Chairman and CEO, Silver Eagle Distributors. “We are proud to be a part of this initiative and we welcome members of the Houston community to get involved in the initiative by purchasing and toasting a patriotic bottle or can of Budweiser!”
For more than a century, Budweiser and its wholesalers have supported the nation’s military and its service men and women. Since 2011, Budweiser and its wholesalers have raised over $11 million nationwide for the Folds of Honor Foundation. Additionally, Silver Eagle has contributed over $200,000 to the organization for student scholarships in the Houston and San Antonio-area.
For more information about the Folds of Honor Foundation, visit FoldsofHonor.org.