Southeast’s largest brewery announces launch events and beer lineup coming to Houston and San Antonio
ATLANTA (February 2015) – SweetWater Brewing Company begins its westward expansion later this month as it paddles into Texas. The brewery will partner with Silver Eagle Distributors to reach the metro area markets of Houston and San Antonio. Two years after its $19 million brewery expansion, SweetWater – ranked as one of the nation’s Top 25 craft breweries according to the Brewer’s Association – is ready to start slinging its heady West-Coast style ales in the Lone Star State.
“We couldn’t be happier to finally land in Texas,” said Vice President of Sales at SweetWater Brewery, Dave Guender. “Positioning ourselves to make the move westward was thrilling but also involved months of meticulous planning and market research. We’re confident that our partnership with Silver Eagle will help us make the best splash possible in these new Texas markets.”
SweetWater has lassoed up its most popular brews to bring into Texas, starting with its flagship, 420 Extra Pale Ale, on draft at bars and restaurants, alongside bottles, cans and Tackle Box variety packs in off-premise grocery, package and specialty bottle shops including:
- 420 Extra Pale Ale – SweetWater’s 420 is a West Coast style pale ale with big hops and a crisp finish. First brewed on April 20, 1997, 420 is extremely well-balanced which makes it a perfect introduction to a new town – that’s why we say “drink ‘em if you got ‘em!” Rolling out in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack cans and draft.
- SweetWater IPA – This mammoth India Pale Ale (IPA) is dry-hopped to the gills delivering a kick-you-in-the-teeth hop chop. The brew is unfiltered to leave all the natural flavors intact. Rolling out in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack cans and draft.
- SweetWater Blue – SweetWater Blue is a unique, lighter-bodied wheat ale enhanced with blueberries. This ain’t no fruit beer, but it is our breakfast beer, and perfect for hanging on a warm Texas Day. Rolling out in 6-pack bottles and on draft.
- Take Two Pils – A golden blonde German pilsner brewed with spicy floral hops and a head-first trip down the rabbit hole of lagers. Call us in the morning! Rolling out in 6-pack bottles and draft.
- SweetWater Tackle Box – The SweetWater Tackle Box variety pack is a hefty 12-pack collection featuring three of SweetWater’s favorite year round brews, along with a fourth catch and release seasonal specialty in each box.
“Silver Eagle Distributors is thrilled to be partnering with SweetWater to bring a robust line-up of quality beers into the Houston and San Antonio markets,” says John L. Nau, III, president and CEO, Silver Eagle Distributors. The brewer’s line-up of flavor profiles will have every Texan in our markets finding something just right for his or her taste buds. In addition to the great beer that will be flowing soon, we admire SweetWater for its passion and service to the community and look forward to working with its team on many great endeavors in the future.”
Fans and curious sippers alike can meet and drink with a crew from SweetWater at sampling celebrations and sponsored events kicking off February 23-28 in the Houston and San Antonio metro areas. For the full schedule of events and participating locations, visit SweetWater’s Facebook page or Silver Eagle’s events page. Online fans can wet their whistles too by following the brewery’s Texas Facebook page for details on how to enter SweetWater’s “Catch a Trout Tap” contest rewarding the first locals to spot their tap handles with free SweetWater Schwag.
To learn more about SweetWater Brewing Company and its full lineup, visit www.sweetwaterbrew.com.
Catherine Koonce | Interim Communications Manager | 404.691.2537 ext. 227 | email@example.com
ABOUT SWEETWATER BREWING COMPANY:
SweetWater Brewing Company is an Atlanta-based craft brewery living by the motto “Don’t Float the Mainstream!” Distribution is limited to the Southeast as SweetWater’s brews are designed to be consumed fresh. The award-winning lineup of year-round beers includes SweetWater 420, IPA, Blue, LowRYEder, and Georgia Brown. SweetWater also features a catch and release series of beers available on a limited basis throughout the year, and an experimental, one-time-only Dank Tank series. SweetWater Brewery– located at 195 Ottley Dr in Atlanta– is open for tours every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., as well as Saturdays and Sundays from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. For more information about SweetWater Brewing Company, please visit www.sweetwaterbrewing.com. Hang out with your social thang out and follow SweetWater Brewing Company on Twitter/ Instagram @sweetwaterbrew, or become a fan on Facebook at facebook.com/sweetwaterbrew.
ABOUT SILVER EAGLE DISTRIBUTORS:
Silver Eagle Distributors, L.P. is the nation’s second largest beer distributor. The company employs more than 1,400 employees that serve 16 counties in Texas through operations in Houston, San Antonio, Pasadena, Cypress, Conroe and Rosenberg. Silver Eagle distributes a broad selection of domestic and import brands as well as microbrews and craft beers and several non-alcohol beverages and waters. For more information, visit www.silvereagle.com